Athlete Race Information
New Improvements for 2014 Event
- NEW - Finishing Medals for both Main & KiDs events will be handed out to each athlete that crosses the finish line.
- NEW - expanded age categories for both Main & KiDs events.
- NEW - Pool assignments – Odd numbered BIB’s (1, 3, 5, etc.) are assigned to the Main Pool #1 and Even numbered BIB’s (2, 4, 6, etc.) are assigned to the Program Pool #2. This is in an effort to improve the overall efficiency of the event by matching like competition on the course. Athletes will be seeded by their reported swim time but will alternate between the two pools.
- NEW - For athlete safety, only athletes will be permitted in the transition zones for both the Main and KiDs Events. PARENTS OR GUARDIANS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE TRANSITION ZONE. Failure to comply with this rule may result in disqualification of the athlete.
- NEW - Race event title name printed on BIB's for keepsake.
- NEW - To increase space for athletes at the transition bike racks, racks will be limited to a maximum of six (6) bikes.
- NEW - Widened Bike Route: in order to improve biker safety and on-course passing maneuvers, the two southbound lanes on Woodward Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic from 83rd Street to 101st Street, consequently widening the bike course dedicating a full traffic lane for bikers in each direction.
- NEW - Regular T-shirts included in the registration fee will be 100% polyester fabric – a more suitable light-weight running fabric.
- NEW - To redeem your post-race food and beverage items, just show your BIB number. Valid I.D.s are required to show proof of age for those wishing for a beer. For spectators, food and beverages will be available for sale.
- NEW - Shanahan’s will be providing healthy food alternatives (e.g. veggie burger) this year.
Athlete Swim Seeding/Start Time/Pool Designation/BIB # Listing
NEW for 2014 - in an effort to improve the overall efficiency of the event by matching like competition on the course, athletes will be seeded by their reported swim time but will alternate between the two pools. For example the number one seed will start in the Main Pool #1 and the number two seed will start in Program Pool #2. Number three seed will follow the number one seed in the Main Pool #1 and number four seed will follow the number two seed in the Program Pool #2 and so on. In summary, all odd numbered seeds (BIB #'s 1, 3, 5, 7, etc.) will start in the Main Pool #1 and all even numbered seeds (BIB #'s 2, 4, 6, 8, etc.) will start in the Program Pool #2. Final seedings will be posted on Friday, August 15, 2014
Athlete Race Information*
Below are links to detailed information for each race. Please check this page frequently for any future updates regarding race details. Athletes are responsible for being aware of all race details. Any last minute adjustments will be announced on race day prior to race starts.
Main Event Race:
Click here for 2014 Main Event Race Athlete Information (last updated 7/20/14 @ 12:45 P.M.)*
KiDs Event Race:
Click here for 2013 KiDs Event Race Athlete Information (last updated 8/06/13 @ 09:05 A.M.)*
* - Check back periodically for information may change prior to race day.
Email Announcment History
Site Layout & Course Maps
Click here for link to Site Layout and Course Maps