Athlete Race Day Information
Below are links to detailed information for each race. Please check this page frequently for any future updates regarding race details. Athletes are responsible for being aware of all race details. Any last minute adjustments will be announced on race day prior to race starts.
Main Event Race:
Click here for 2016 Main Event Race Athlete Information (last updated 3/1/16 @ 12:00 A.M.)
KiDs Event Race:
Click here for 2016 KiDs Event Race Athlete Information (last updated 3/01/16 @ 12:00 A.M.)
Click here for Special Instructions for Parents/Guardians
* - Check back periodically for information may change prior to race day.
ATHLETE SWIM SEEDING / START TIME / POOL ASSIGNMENTS / BIB # LISTING
In an effort to maintain the overall efficiency of the event by matching like competition on the course, athletes will be seeded by their reported swim time but will alternate between the two pools. For example the number one seed will start in the Main Pool #1 and the number two seed will start in Program Pool #2. Number three seed will follow the number one seed in the Main Pool #1 and number four seed will follow the number two seed in the Program Pool #2 and so on. In summary, all odd numbered seeds (BIB #'s 1, 3, 5, 7, etc.) will start in the Main Pool #1 and all even numbered seeds (BIB #'s 2, 4, 6, 8, etc.) will start in the Program Pool #2. Final seedings will be posted on Friday, August 12, 2016.
Click here for seedings / approximate swim start times / pool assignments / BIB # Listing. (Please note no further adjustments can be made after 8/10/16 @ 6:30 PM - all seedings will be based on information inputted by the registrants / NOTE: your swim time may change on event day due to "No Show" athletes therefore it is highly recommended to be present by the race start: 7 a.m. for Main Event and 10:30 a.m. for KiDs event / Failure to be ready for the swim start regardless of the posted swim time will result in being placed at the end of the swim start times.
PRE-EVENT LAP SWIM OPPORTUNITIES
For registered Woodridge Mini Triathlon participants, lap swim is available at the Woodridge Park District's Cypress Cove Family Aquatic Park, 8301 S. Janes Avenue, Woodridge, IL, for 50% off the published lap swim rates. To recieve the 50% discount a copy of the Woodrdige Mini Triathlon registration confirmation (sent by email under the email name email@example.com) must be presented at time of admissions.
Adult Lap Swim Only - Daily from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Lap Swim All Ages (8/1/16 through 8/12/16) M-F / 6:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Cypress Cove Published Lap Swim Rates*
|| Resident ID Card Rate**
|| General Rate
|Admission (Ages 1-61)
|Seniors (Ages 62 & Up)
* - Registered Woodridge Mini Tri participants receive with proof of registration 50% off published rates
** - Resident muyt present a valid Park District Resident ID card to receive resident rates.
IMPORTANT NOTICE for PACKET PICK-UP: Pre-event packet pick up location is at the Woodridge Park District's Community Center, 2600 Center Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517 on Friday, August 12, 2016 from 5PM to 8PM and Saturday, August 13, 2016 from 9AM – 3PM.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2016 EVENT:
- Woodward Avenue re-paved
- Live music entertainment provided by "The Covergirls" - click here for link.
- Finishing Medals for both Main & KiDs events will be handed out to each athlete that crosses the finish line.
- Expanded winning age categories for both Main & KiDs events.
- Pool assignments – Odd numbered BIB’s (1, 3, 5, etc.) are assigned to the Main Pool #1 and Even numbered BIB’s (2, 4, 6, etc.) are assigned to the Program Pool #2. This is in an effort to improve the overall efficiency of the event by matching like competition on the course. Athletes will be seeded by their reported swim time but will alternate between the two pools.
- For athlete safety, only athletes will be permitted in the transition zones for both the Main and KiDs Events. The only exception is PARENTS OR GUARDIANS OF ATHLETES AGES 7 & UNDER, who will be provided a wristband to gain access within the transition zone only. Failure to comply with rules may result in disqualification of the athlete.
- To increase space for athletes at the transition bike racks, racks will be limited to a maximum of six (6) bikes.
- Widened Bike Route: in order to improve biker safety and on-course passing maneuvers, the two southbound lanes on Woodward Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic from 83rd Street to 101st Street, consequently widening the bike course dedicating a full traffic lane for bikers in each direction.
- Peformance T-shirts included in the registration fee.
- Live music/entertainment
- To redeem your post-race food and beverage items, just show your BIB number. Valid I.D.s are required to show proof of age for those wishing for a beer. For spectators, food and beverages will be available for sale.
- Shanahan’s will be providing healthy food alternatives (e.g. veggie burger) this year.
Email Announcment History
Click Here - Email Sent: __/__/2016 __:__:__ AM
Site Layout & Course Maps
Click here for link to Site Layout and Course Maps